Sideline Manager / Culture Keeper
Function: Your role is to maintain a positive and sportsmanlike environment around the playing field, with respect to Lake Country parents and fans.
- Your coach should introduce you to your team which consists of yourself, the opposing team's sideline manager, the officials, the coaches and everyone "Honoring the Game".
- You will discuss any concerns with the coaches and officials.
- You will inform the officials of any situation in as much detail as possible.
Function: The responsibilities include documenting goals and assists.
- Every home game requires that the hosting club provides someone to keep score for each game.
- Scorekeeper will need to arrive 15 minutes ahead of time.
- Training will be provided for scorekeepers.
Function: The responsibilities include tracking each quarter, half-time, timeouts, and penalty box for the officials.
- Every home game requires that the hosting club provides someone to keep time for each game.
- Time keeper will need to arrive 15 minutes ahead of time.
- Training will be provide for timekeepers.
Game Day Photographer
Function: Take actions shots of your team(s) throughout the season and share on approved website, for use by Lake Country Lacrosse
- Need one person per team
- Can be done on multiple teams if we are lacking a team photographer
Function: Lines (or maintains) the painted lacrosse lines on the designated practice and game fields
- Initial lining: With guidance, help to layout the initial lines for a boys/girls field using diagrams, measuring tapes, stakes, and paint.
- Line maintenance: Weekly re-trace the existing set of lines with the same color.
- Return or store/lock-up the remaining paint and field liner to the designated locations
- This activity is scheduled for Friday nights on a weekly recurring basis from 6:00-7:30pm (actual duration may vary).
- If weather dictates the activity may be moved to either Thursday evening or Saturday morning.
- Signup for this volunteer activity is on a week to week basis; there are ten (10) opportunities in 2016 season.
Function: Arrive 30 minutes early and stays after to assist in field set-up & take down.
- Move goals to game position.
- Set-up scorekeeper table and three chairs.
- Place 5 balls along each end line (10 total.)
- Place field cones as prescribed by rules.
- If middle game of the day, insure field is reset with balls on end lines
- End game of the day, all of the above equipment, including goals need to be put away & secured.
- Return or store/lock-up the remaining paint and field liner to the designated location.