Welcome to the Lake Country Lacrosse Girls' Programs
This program provides the opportunity to learn and play lacrosse in a recreation league format. Our primary objective is to provide a positive and fun environment in which to can girls can learn the game of lacrosse. As a program we are focused on developing both the lacrosse skills and sportsmanship.
Girls in grades 3 - 8 are eligible to participate in these programs.
- Girls in grades 3,4, and 5 are classified as Juniors
- Girls in grades 6,7, and 8 are classified as Seniors
Through out the season teams at the various age-levels will have the opportunity to play other teams at the same age-level from other MAYLA member clubs such as North Shore (Milw.), Brookfield, Franklin, Mukwonago, Ozaukee, and Kenosha
Some age-levels may also play games with club teams from outside of the league as the league schedule allows.
The season runs from March through June; with games starting in April. As a member of MAYLA, Lake Country also participates in the annual Laxtravaganza festival. Laxtravaganza is a two day event held near the end of the season where all of the MAYLA teams play each in a round robin fashion for the joy of the game.
There will be player assessments in March at both indoor and outdoor facilities in order to establish balanced teams prior to the beginning of the season. We will be sending out an email and updating our website when the confirmed dates have been determined.
Practices and Games
For the Junior level (grades 3 - 5) practices will be twice a week (Tuesday, Thursday), in the afternoon from 5:00-6:30.
For the Senior level (grades 6 - 8)practices will be twice a week (Tuesday, Thursday), in the afternoon from 5:00-6:30.
Outdoor practice location will be at North Lake School for the 2016 season.
Games are normally scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays (except for Mother's Day and Memorial Day weekend).
Saturday games are historically scheduled for the morning to early afternoon
Sunday games are historically scheduled for the late morning to afternoon
Uniforms are NOT included as part of the registration fee.
Returning Lake Country Athletes
- This season the girl's teams will have the same uniform as last year; returning players will not need to purchase a uniform kit unless the individual has a need (e.g. size, lose, or wear-n-tear).
- Returning players will need to purchase 2016 team socks.
- Returning players must also still have their practice pinnie.
Athletes new to Lake Country
- Athletes new to the program wil be required to purchase a uniform kit (will consist of a jersey, kilt, socks and a practice pinnie).
- women's lacrosse goggles
- women's crosse
- mouthguard (any color except white or clear)